|Lejla Batina||(email: lejla AT cs.ru.nl)|
|Guido Bertoni||(email: guido.bertoni AT gmail.com)|
|Wieland Fischer||(email: wieland.fischer AT infineon.com)|
|Benedikt Gierlichs||(email: benedikt.gierlichs AT esat.kuleuven.be)|
|Tim Güneysu||(email: tim.gueneysu AT rub.de)|
|Helena Handschuh||(email: helena.handschuh AT cryptography.com)|
|Naofumi Homma||(email: homma AT aoki.ecei.tohoku.ac.jp)|
|Çetin Kaya Koç||(email: koc AT cs.ucsb.edu)|
|Stefan Mangard||(email: stefan.mangard AT iaik.tugraz.at)|
|Christof Paar||(email: cpaar AT crypto.ruhr-uni-bochum.de)|
|Axel Poschmann||(email: axel.poschmann AT gmail.com)|
|Emmanuel Prouff||(email: e.prouff AT gmail.com)|
|Jean-Jacques Quisquater||(email: jjq AT uclouvain.be)|
|Patrick Schaumont||(email: schaum AT vt.edu)|
|François-Xavier Standaert||(email: fstandae AT uclouvain.be)|
|Ileana Buhan||(email: buhan AT riscure.com)|
|Pierre-Alain Fouque||(email: pa.fouque AT gmail.com)|
|Jorge Guajardo||(email: Jorge.GuajardoMerchan AT us.bosch.com)|
|Dan Page||(email: email@example.com)|
|Matthieu Rivain||(email: mattieu.rivain AT cryptoexperts.com)|
|Peter Schwabe||(email: peter AT cryptojedi.org)|
CHES Steering Committee Rules
- The CHES Steering Committee (SC) coordinates CHES, the Workshop on Cryptographic Hardware and Embedded Systems. The CHES Steering Committee operates according to the “Rules and Guidelines for Steering Committees” of the IACR, the International Organization for Cryptologic Research.
- The CHES steering committee consists of Permanent Members, Temporary Members and Elected Members. All these members have a vote in decisions of the Steering Committee. Furthermore, the steering committee invites Guests which do not have a vote.
- The three Permanent Members of the Steering Committee are as of September 2012: Cetin Koc, Christof Paar, and Jean-Jacques Quisquater. Koc and Paar are the two founders of CHES, and Quisquater has been active in CHES since its creation in 1999.
- CHES Program Chairs join the Steering Committee as Temporary Members for three (3) years. The three-year term starts at the CHES workshop whose program they chair, and terminates with the workshop in the third year after that. Program Chairs join the Steering Committee meeting as guests in the year before the conference they chair.
- There are four Elected Members in the Steering Committee. They are elected by the Steering Committee for a period of three (3) years. Candidates can be nominated by any member of Steering Committee. Steering Committee Members who run for a position as an elected member do not have a vote in the decision about this position.
- CHES General Chairs join the Steering Committee as Guests for one (1) year. This term starts at the workshop one year prior to the workshop they are organizing and ends with the organized workshop.
- The Steering Committee selects from its members:
- The Chair of the Steering Committee for a period of two (2) years.
- The Representative to the IACR for a period of three (3) years.
- A publicity chair for a period of three (3) years. More than one of these positions can be held by the same person. The SC can also select a Webmaster who does not have to be member of the SC. In this case, the Webmaster joins the SC as an adjunct member. The tenure of the Webmaster is two (2) years.
- The Steering Committee meets at least once per year at the CHES workshop. A decision is made if the majority of the members present at the meeting vote in favour of it. In addition to the Steering Committee meetings, issues can also be discussed by email. In this case, a decision is made if the majority of all Steering Committee members vote in favour of it.
- The steering committee solicits proposals for locations and general chairs of the CHES workshop according to Sections 3 and 4 of the IACR Rules and Guidelines for General Chairs. It selects one of these proposals two yearsbefore the planned workshop takes place. At this time also the selection of the program chairs for the planned workshop is done. The steering committee recommends the selected proposal and the selected chairs to the IACR board of directors for approval, through its representative to IACR. The proposal should be ready for approval no later than for the IACR board meeting at Eurocrypt in the year before the planned CHES workshop.
- Any changes to the above rules, including the rules about membership, must be approved by the Steering Committee.
Approved by the CHES Steering Committee
These rules are also available for download as pdf.