- 2018-07-20: The list of accepted papers is online
- 2018-07-14: Please participate in The CHES 2018 Challenge!
- 2018-06-11: Registration for CHES 2018 is open.
- 2018-06-7: Information on CHES 2018 Tutorials is online.
- 2018-05-23: CHES 2018 will start with a first technical session already on Sunday Sep. 9!
- 2018-03-25: Hotel booking information is online
- 2018-03-25: Information about reduced-fare flights is online
- 2018-03-07: Call for Posters and Tutorials is online
- 2017-07-22: Preliminary call for papers online
- 2017-06-20: Submission deadlines announced
- 2016-11-03: Website is online
Important Dates and Deadlines
Starting with CHES 2018, submissions to CHES will move to a journal model and be published in the Transactions of CHES (TCHES). This means that there are three submission deadlines with corresponding notifications and camera-ready-version deadlines for papers to be presented at CHES 2018:
IACR Transactions on Cryptographic Hardware and Embedded Systems (TCHES), Volume 2018, Issue 1
|Submission:||15 October 2017|
|Rebuttal:||20–27 November 2017|
|Notification:||15 December 2017|
|Camera-ready:||14 January 2018|
IACR Transactions on Cryptographic Hardware and Embedded Systems (TCHES), Volume 2018, Issue 2
|Submission:||15 January 2018|
|Rebuttal:||20–27 February 2018|
|Notification:||15 March 2018|
|Camera-ready:||14 April 2018|
IACR Transactions on Cryptographic Hardware and Embedded Systems (TCHES), Volume 2018, Issue 3
|Submission:||15 April 2018|
|Rebuttal:||20–27 May 2018|
|Notification:||15 June 2018|
|Camera-ready:||14 July 2018|
Contact Information of Organizers
Program Chairs <email@example.com>
Current (i.e., for CHES 2018)
University of Bristol
Merchant Venturers Building
Bristol, BS8 1UB
41 Boulevard des Capucines
Observing (i.e., for CHES 2019)
Université Rennes 1
Campus de Beaulieu
263, avenue du Général Leclerc - Batiment 12
35042 Rennes Cedex
Robert Bosch LLC - RTC
Pittsburgh, PA 15203
General Chairs <firstname.lastname@example.org>
2628 XJ Delft
Institute of Computing and Information Sciences
Toernooiveld 212, room 3.18
6525 EC Nijmegen
Workshops colocated with CHESCHES 2018 is colocated with
- FDTC: Fault Tolerance and Diagnosis in Cryptography, which takes place on September 13, 2018.
- PROOFS: Security Proofs for Embedded Systems, which takes place on September 13, 2018.
- RIOT Summit: 3rd get-together of the friendly Operating System for the Internet of Things, which takes place on September 13–14, 2018.
- Riscure User Workshop 2018, which takes place on September 13–14, 2018.
- Secure-IC one-day tutorial with hands-on labs, which takes place on September 14, 2018.
CHES 2018 Challenge
Participants of CHES may be interested in the CHES 2018 Challenge "Deep learning vs. classic profiling", which starts July 1. The winners of the contest will be announced in the CHES rump session.
Code of Conduct
To confidentially report any concern, issue, or complaint, email any or all of the following people:
President of the IACR
Anna Lysyanskaya, Phillip Rogaway, and Greg Rose
The IACR is committed to providing an experience free of harassment and discrimination in its events, respecting the dignity of every participant.
Participants who violate this code may be sanctioned and/or expelled from the event, at the discretion of the General Chair(s). Serious incidents may be referred to the IACR Ethics Committee for further possible action. Any action will only be taken with the consent of the affected party subject to applicable laws.
If you experience harassment or discriminatory behavior at an IACR event, we encourage you to reach out to someone who could help. The following are available to you: the Code of Conduct Liaison, the General Chair, any member of the IACR Ethics Committee, and the IACR President.
If you witness harassment or discriminatory behavior, please consider intervening.